FOMOCO sponsored 6.7 owners training event.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call from my local Ford Service Manager about a 2.5 hour, FOMOCO training seminar for 6.7 owners this Thursday, at the Dealership .

I signed up.. Anybody been to one of these ? Any inputs ? Comments ? :dunno

Joe

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
Never heard of such a thing...let me know how it goes. Sounds like it could be interesting!

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
My dealer had one. I didn't get a chance to be there. Take notes and fill up in. Enjoy the free lunch. :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of such a thing...let me know how it goes. Sounds like it could be interesting!

My local dealer does alota bidness with big Rancher/Farmer/Fleet guyz, I'm thinking thats why they'er having this. :dunno

My dealer had one. I didn't get a chance to be there. Take notes and fill us in. Enjoy the free lunch. :D

;) I'll let everyone know what goes down. This one is at 8:30 AM.. so it's guna be Coffee & Donuts.. :D (maybe a ball Cap ? and some Stickers too ? :lmao)

The other week, the dealer guyz were assembling a full size 6.7 cut-away, display engine. That.. should be interesting to check out, by it's self.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, went to this today.. VERY, VERY Informative. It wasn't just 6.7.

The session was 6.9, 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel Engine Specific. WAY to much info to post here.. but I would HIGHLY recommend attending one of these sessions, if one comes to your area.

The Training/Tech rep was Straight forward and un-FORD-bias. Spoke to, Proper Oil Weights and Fuel Additive use (YES), the importance of the Filtration of the Oil, Fuel and Air.. based on our [USE].. (Not so much on Miles or Hours of Duty ?)

Per the Tech Rep.. we can go to: www.PowerStrokeDiesel.com and www.FordParts.com for some real good "Coffee Table" type pubs (he called'm), and Shop Pubs that are PS Engine Specific.

Scheduled for 2.5 hours.. ended up being 4.5 hours for those of us that Could stay.. with a Very Good one on one, Q&A session after that.

I'd give it a...... ;tu ;tu A day well spent.

Joe

(Got lots of Tech hand-outs, a Cami Ford Power Stroke Ball Cap.. and WON a High Tech/High Performance mini Tool Box too !!)

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You lucky dog, you won the good stuff. Sounds like it was a good deal for you.
Doug

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score
:coffeeBig Joe,was there any recommendations on proper Oils and Oil Weights for our new 6.7 PSDs? Like what is the Factory reco on towing OILS?? Any other pertinent 6.7 PSD Info? Thanks, Big Joe!:coffee

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:coffeeBig Joe,was there any recommendations on proper Oils and Oil Weights for our new 6.7 PSDs? Like what is the Factory reco on towing OILS?? Any other pertinent 6.7 PSD Info? Thanks, Big Joe!:coffee

Yes.. It's what Kristolson posted in our other post, from what our Owners Manuals say.

SAE viscosity grades 15W40, 10W30 and/or 5W40.. API performance category CJ-4, are recommended by FOMOCO for our [6.7's]... 6.4, 6.0, 7.3's too. This Tech Rep said it's up to the owner which of the three, based on USE, and the expected ambient temperatures in the region where the PSD is driven.

Deciphered from my scribble type notes ?: On page 45 of the Owners Guide Diesel Supplement.. there's a chart showing the recommended grades of oil to use, based on Use conditions and Temprature ranges. All are API CJ-4.

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58