New Member FOP, Larry

FOP Larry

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

New member. Driving F-350 crew cabs since '89. Currently have an '04 F-350, 6.0 Powerstroke with an intermittent operating speedometer issue I'm hoping to discuss with other owners.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome FOP, Larry. You might want to change the Speed Sensor that is on top if the rear end. It has a couple of wires going to it. Cheap to do. Get the Ford Speed Sensor. Some of the off beat replacements might not work.

Dave ;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome FOP, Larry. You might want to change the Speed Sensor that is on top if the rear end. It has a couple of wires going to it. Cheap to do. Get the Ford Speed Sensor. Some of the off beat replacements might not work.

Dave ;tu

X2 Larry and WELCOME too SDD.COM ;tu ;tu

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com Larry X2 or X3 on what they all said before me. Hope you come back often.
Doug

FOP Larry

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

New member. Driving F-350 crew cabs since '89. Currently have an '04 F-350, 6.0 Powerstroke with an intermittent operating speedometer issue I'm hoping to discuss with other owners.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Dave, changed the speed sensor but after a few miles same issue.

Speedo "only" goes crazy, needle bouncing up and down (10 to 50, 60 down to 25 to 45 to 10 to 80) regardless of actual speed then settles into what feels like accurate speed metering but on restart or if idleing for an extended period of time (like a fast food line), speedo goes to and stays on "0". Intermittent implies something like a bad multi pin/socket connection or ground? Dealers thinking bad instrument cluster (guessing, try next)? I know the normally balls to the wall 6.0 with speedo working looses alot of performance when speedo is not working? New injectors in March, baby has only 174K miles and is garaged daily.

Hoping someone has been down this road and will point me in right direction.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It might be the gauge. There are not a lot of things between the gauge and the speed sensor. :dunno

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14