? for the DFW peeps

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is there a place locally (the closer to Dallas, the better) to stretch the suspension a little? I don't want to go rock-crawling or get stuck in deep mud, but I'd like to get off the pavement. I know there used to be a field in Garland off of Northwest Pkwy. past Centerville, but I think it is built up now. Also, I don't want to tresspass (I may have my 7 year old daughter with me), so keep that in mind.

Thanks
Bart

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Hey Bart,
I was at a truck stop in Forney and got to talking to a fella who had his F-350 worked on by a shop in Rockwall, I believe he said the name was Fab Tech (Tek), (about 90% sure of the name). I don't know how much help that is but maybe it will point you in a right direction.
Craig

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a suspension shop or a place to go off road a little? I'm looking for the latter, but it's always good to have a place to take truck for work as well. I will check them out.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
There is no place in Garland you can go w/ Tresspassing. I know of the area you are talking about, you could get in there but you WOULD be tresspassing in my opinion. Not to mention some of that area is actually a Preserve area I think. Can't really tell you of any where you might be able to go unless you know a property owner somewhere.
:dunno

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
The fella I was talking to had all kinds of stuff done to his truck (1994 F350 CC, 4X4). It had a mild lift on it, 16" taken out of the frame to make it a short bed, custom exhaust, and so on.
As for the wheeling place off of 635 - Northwest highway. They are trying to sell the land now. I believe that there is still access to it just past the toyota dealership via the west bound entrance ramp. Let me know if you are going over there. I can check for sure about the entrance, not too far from my house.
See ya',
Craig

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
There is no place in Garland you can go w/ Tresspassing. I know of the area you are talking about, you could get in there but you WOULD be tresspassing in my opinion. Not to mention some of that area is actually a Preserve area I think. Can't really tell you of any where you might be able to go unless you know a property owner somewhere.
:dunno

Bummer :( Looks like I'll have to make friends with a property owner somewhere. Good info, though, I don't want to tresspass.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
happeetxn said:
The fella I was talking to had all kinds of stuff done to his truck (1994 F350 CC, 4X4). It had a mild lift on it, 16" taken out of the frame to make it a short bed, custom exhaust, and so on.
As for the wheeling place off of 635 - Northwest highway. They are trying to sell the land now. I believe that there is still access to it just past the toyota dealership via the west bound entrance ramp. Let me know if you are going over there. I can check for sure about the entrance, not too far from my house.
See ya',
Craig

I'd like to head over there this weekend probably. I can't picture the area, but I though the Toyota dealer was on the south side of 635 with the easbound ramp in front of it. I may be thinking of the wrong place. Thanks for the replies.

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
the only legal place i can think of is T square in arlington, and its not that great by any means

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is on the East bound side. I was.....ah.... facing the wrong direction when I posted it the first time......yeah that's the ticket....facing the wrong direction.
See ya',
Craig

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14