Help Needed For the jeepers

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I have a 1999 jeep TJ. I need to rebuild the dana 35 and can not find the bearing with out going to the dealer or paying 250.00 plus shipping for the kit out in cali. Does any one have the part numbers for the bearings or know a web site that does?

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
Last edited:

BacaDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you can also try summit racing. i just ordered 4.55 gears for front and rear for a 2000 cherokee and bearing sets. also ordered a powertrak locker for the rear. a whole bearing set should be cheap, like $130-160 for all bearings and crush sleeve and pinion seal, it might also come with axle seals.

i used to get a lot of differential parts from crown differentials and USA standard gear, but i havent dealed with them for a while now so not sure if still in business. dont buy them at the dealer, they are the same bearing just 400% marked up

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dana 35 fell apart

All I can say is I was glad I was close to the house. The Dana 35 fell apart. Yes, I said fell apart. Had this really big bang. Got out and the yok fell back in to the diff. The yok nut backed off and there it went. I got it home about a haft a block from the house. Pulled it apart more like it fell apart after I pulled the diff. it self. I was surprized the bearings and races are in good shape. The pinion seal is shot and the clutch pack for the trac-lok was trash bad. The parts for the trac-lok, crap cost some bucks for new and finding them has been a all day thing too.

Last edited:

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
Time to step up to a Ford 8.8 for the rear. Its not too tough to do and can be done probably for less than a new D35
SANY0085.jpg

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You are showing two items that I wished I had done on my Jeep, many years ago. The spring over axle (SOA) is great for rock climbing, and the bigger rear end. Good going there nswsparky!

Dave :)

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
That was last year to my Cherokee this year I did a Waggy D44 swap in the front. Alot more expensive.
0403111457.jpg

This is how it turned out
Low and wide
GOPR0733.jpg

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at doing that but the cash is the problem right now. I have a ford 9" I was going to install. But I need to rebuild it and get the TJ pads and draglink mounts and weld them on. Anybody need a Dana 30 high pinion with 4.11 gears?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14