Ford Employee pricing for everyone.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I went in and test drove a new Excursion a few months ago but decided to keep the one we have. The salesman I was dealing with called me yesterday and informed me that Ford is now offering the "Ford family plan" to everyone weather you work for Ford or not. I guess they decided since the other brands were offering it that they better get on the wagon before they got left in the dust. The high fuel prices are also apparently bringing there sales down. I just looked at Ford.com and it looks like the offer is good until August 1st. If you are planning on a new truck now is the time.

I am planning on paying of our Excursion and going without car payments. I have my eye on a Jetcraft XS :sweet I hope they go with the family plan next summer.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
With fuel prices being at the levels they currently are and the economy continuing to be tight, I expect that there will be "programs" like this going on for quite some time by all the auto manufacturers.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Economy tight ????

Unemployment is the lowest it's been in 5 years or something like that... right at 5%.... granted if you are one of the 5% that's not a good thing... but the economy is anything but tight...

housing starts at an all time high here in North Texas....
etc... etc...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Economy tight ????

Unemployment is the lowest it's been in 5 years or something like that... right at 5%.... granted if you are one of the 5% that's not a good thing... but the economy is anything but tight...

housing starts at an all time high here in North Texas....
etc... etc...
Uhhhhh, have you checked into the debt to income ratio of the average wage earner in the US recently? One or two missed paychecks and most guys are totally screwed. That to me is tight. And what did it take to get those housing starts high like that....... record low interest rates, another indicator of a sluggish economy.

Last edited:

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Uhhhhh, have you checked into the debt to income ratio of the average wage earner in the US recently? One or two missed paychecks and most guys are totally screwed. That to me is tight. And what did it take to get those housing starts high like that....... record low interest rates, another indicator of a sluggish economy.

Yeah, it is scarey how in debt most people are. I don't know how they can live like that. It would not take much to put us in the toilet again I think.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
One or two missed paychecks and most guys are totally screwed.
Heck, I could miss four or five checks before I would be totally screwed. After two I would only be a little screwed :roflmao

willtill

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Me and my wife could miss both of our paychecks for a little over a year and still hold on to what we got, and come out fine. A rarity in this day and age, I think. Many people live way beyond their means.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
I don't know why people live beyond their means, We have everything paid off except the house which is modest. Everything we buy we pay for in cash. I have a avg. job and my wife has an avg job, we just decided that if we don't have the cash we don't need it.

I do agree that the economy is about to take a dump unless fuel prices start going down. Car manufactures are getting hurt and once they start laying off the lay offs will trickle all the way down.

Unemployment is low Great! but soon people will not afford to drive to work, or be spending their whole paycheck on fuel, food and housing, with nothing left to keep the economy going with the unnessary items.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I do agree that the economy is about to take a dump unless fuel prices start going down. Car manufactures are getting hurt and once they start laying off the lay offs will trickle all the way down.

I'm sorry, but I really dont see how the price of fuel will be blamed when our economy takes a crap. :dunno Car manufacturers are getting hurt due to very irresponsible decisions made at the corporate level, not due to fuel prices. Once fuel consumption begins to decline, then the prices will probably level off, untill then...........seems like nearly everybody still has fuel in the tank to take the kids to Disney Land.

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I'm sorry, but I really dont see how the price of fuel will be blamed when our economy takes a crap. :dunno Car manufacturers are getting hurt due to very irresponsible decisions made at the corporate level, not due to fuel prices. Once fuel consumption begins to decline, then the prices will probably level off, untill then...........seems like nearly everybody still has fuel in the tank to take the kids to Disney Land.

I may be way off track here, but it seams like no one is buy the big fuel burning vehicles which is causing the auto manufactures to lay off and offer their high priced cars and trucks at a huge discount,and their stock is taking a dump. Well if they are not selling autos then the parts suppliers all the way down to the transportation of parts and all will eventually lay off.
Yes it appears that people have not been detured from taking vacations, I have, I don't run up credit cards, If I don't have the cash I don't go, All my extra cash right now is going to fuel.

I don't believe that fuel prices are going to decline, The oil companies are testing the American people and they will find the point where the majority will just start to raise heck, then they will lower it 5 to 10 cents and try to make them happy, in a few years they will do it again. Look at the past. every holiday prices go up and take forever to go down. they have raised prices then lower it a few cents and we say were glad to be paying that.

The economy may not take a dump, but I believe that soon their will be more layoffs due to the increase of fuel cost.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14