Ford Error Trucks

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
check this out. we dispatched a transporter on Tuesday to pick-up a 2006 Ford F350 from Blair, NE to Nashville, TN.

The problem with this unit was as follows:

it was an Amarillo special edition truck.

the outside body was one color of yellow, under the hood was another color of yellow, and the jambs were yet another color of yellow.

thats not all.

instead of the black leather interior that comes with this package, it had the XLT cloth interior.

and last but not least, it had a chrome tow mirror cover on one side and the other side had a black tow mirror.

you would think that somebody on the line would catch all of these problems. maybe they were disgruntled and decided to mess with ford alittle.

actually found out that this happens more than you think. ford has a special department that handles such problems.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
sorry, that's not an error. that is what we call 'custom':D

must have been the left-over crew that came in that day!!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
check this out. we dispatched a transporter on Tuesday to pick-up a 2006 Ford F350 from Blair, NE to Nashville, TN.

The problem with this unit was as follows:

it was an Amarillo special edition truck.

the outside body was one color of yellow, under the hood was another color of yellow, and the jambs were yet another color of yellow.

thats not all.

instead of the black leather interior that comes with this package, it had the XLT cloth interior.

and last but not least, it had a chrome tow mirror cover on one side and the other side had a black tow mirror.

you would think that somebody on the line would catch all of these problems. maybe they were disgruntled and decided to mess with ford alittle.

actually found out that this happens more than you think. ford has a special department that handles such problems.
door jambs a differnt color would concern me, that means it went through paint more than once,
still pretty funny take a good picture if you can

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
door jambs a differnt color would concern me, that means it went through paint more than once,
still pretty funny take a good picture if you can

well, we didn't haul it, we brokerd it out, would have loved to seen it though.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it does happen more that you would think.

My Bro-inlaw worked for GM for 32 years. He was the guy that made sure the correct mirrors, hub caps and a Cig. lighter went in the front seat as the trucks came off the line. He also watched for things just like you described. A final QA check.

He's told me storys about.... Red steering wheels on a Green truck with Brown interior. 2 different colored seats, door panels, wrong bumpers, no radio, knobs missing.. on and on. It's usualy some Labor dispute about production quotas and so on. The workers, openly laugh & joke about it, but thier is'nt much GM could do but Pay my B-inlaw an incentive for each one he caught.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:

good lord how do you screw up YELLOW...i mean really how many
DIFFERENT colors of yellow does ford have !?!

and in production how to you paint the top of the hood and not the
bottom (surely the painting of the hood isnt a TWO step process...)

Macattak1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bushpilot said:

and in production how to you paint the top of the hood and not the
bottom (surely the painting of the hood isnt a TWO step process...)

Perhaps they were contracting out to the local boy scouts Pine Wood Derby club. I know that when I was 7 I would paint my models different ugly colors all over the place... But then I would expect to see some decals on it. Maybe some navy jet tail emblems or German WWII Tiger tank decales, etc.

Peace

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
A freind had a Pontiac Tempest that was badged Tempest on one side and badged GTO on the other (with all of the correct GTO signatures and emblems).

Dave

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
bushpilot said:
Mustard Yellow
Banana Yellow
Baby Poop Yellow
Traffic Light Yellow
Cowardly Yellow
Sun Yellow
Daffodil Yellow
Daisy Yellow
Butter Yellow
I could name more, just let my imagination run wild.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14