Ford ESP warranty???

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am needing to decide if I should purchase the Ford ESP warranty plan. I only have 15,000 miles on the "08" truck with no problems so far. I am sure that the $2500 cost would easily cover the charge to remove the cab if any engine problems arose. But should that not be covered by the 100K powertrain warranty? Thanks for your help!:hail
Ford Extended Warranty - Genuine Ford ESP

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chances are your going to run out of years before mileage. I had a Ford Extended Warranty that was to start up at the end of the five year or the 100K which ever was first. Ford ran it with my 5/100k Warranty so I got shafted by ford on it. So if you do it you need to do it at the closing end of your 5/100K mile. Any sooner you just trashing money over something you wont use.

Something I did find out too. Some car ins. company do have Extended Warranties plains that will cover everything on your truck. As long as you own the truck. Something you may want to look into.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I'd wait awhile and get it. The Ford dealers recommend that you get the extended warranty before the "basic" warranty runs out. However, they will backdate it. There are various warranties available. Some are only powertrain warranties. So if you get a 5 yr, 100K mile warranty, it's for powertrain only after the basic 3 yr, 36K "bumper to bumper" warranty but does not go past 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, so you only end up with 2 years and 64,000 miles of additional warranty. My oldest son bought a used 2006 Explorer a couple of years ago from a Lexus dealer and purchased an extended warranty through Lexus. The time and mileage were added to the basic Ford warranty. However he has any repairs done at a Ford dealership and it's still covered. The dealer basically files a claim with Lexus to get their money. If you go with a warranty company (not the one offered by the dealer) you need to check out their reputation because some of them are "fly by night" companies that take your money but won't pay the claims.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Robert, your link will not be working for the next two weeks.
Doug

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Doug

darn it guess they needed longer than expected to get ready for 2011 :coffee

i pulled one last week for the 150 to get a gauge on cost
5 yrs/75k miles 50. deductible total cost was 660.00
0 deductible raised it to 890
100.00 deductible is 580
and 200 deductible is 450

i would expect the super duty to add 300-500 to the cost
for reference

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doug

It's working now. It mentions a 7 yr, 200K warranty for 4.5, 6.0, 6.4, 6.7, and 7.3 engines that's $2250 discounted from $2950, but Florida residents have to call for prices. There are other warranties also mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl