Ford Gold System - RKE/VSS/RMST Problem

FamilyRide

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
At least that what I suspect, again........

This time, I finished installing 5/16" tubing in the weather striping on all doors and when I was done, I started the truck and had no radio, power windows or seats, overhead reset, interior light don't turn on with dash switch (head lights work fine) and dash/intruments or indicators/lights.

I noticed as I was putting the drivers back on, the kick panel was still not fastened as it should be. I tried ot get the fastener back in, but a wire harness for the Gold system was in the way. The installer ran the harness over and tied down to the e-brake stop so after about 6-8 months I had a short as one of the wires was cut. I moved it best I could off there and over. Now I see it was in front of the clip and I assumed in pushing the panel, I cut another wire, but I can't find any that are cut at all.

I realized that it's like how the truck is after remote starting it, I have not dash, radio etc. until I put the key in and turn it on. They the dash power up etc. and i'm back in business. Well it's ll out now. It appears I don't even get anything when turning the key on accessory.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm so kicking myself for letting Five Start Ford install anything. I onlt bought from them because they had the truck. Now I'm stuck with this crappy install that's kept giving me trouble and I hate to bring it to my servicing dealer although it's covered by the 3/36.

FamilyRide

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well nevermind. I thought I'd pulled every fuse in the beast but found the instrument cluster fuse blown. Amazing what all goes through that damn thing.

I'm still wondering what would have blown it. The security/remote start system I'm sure is at the bottom of it, it's just too damn flakey. Sure wish I would have blown off the idea of having it covered by warranty and just bought an aftermarket system for the same money and more options! :D

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd still bring it up to a dealer... ANY dealer,
if you had it installed a part of the deal, it is covered....

what I found with most ford golds is they let outside agencies install it anyway, that way the dealership doesn't have to hassle with it...
good luck, never had a hiccup out of my Ford gold...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya