Question Ford & IHC part ways....

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that this year will be the end of IHC building motors for Ford. Also that Ford is building their own, possibly 6.7L. I know the 6.0 kinda sealed the deal between the two manufactorers(sp), but didn't think it would end this quick.:dunno Anyone got news?

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I saw something a week ago about this. I don't remember where I saw it. It may have been Auto Week.

Dave

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw it in some truck mag at work, but not anywhere else. Said Ford designed the engine, as well as the one they gonna put in the F-150. Hope they know what they are doing......

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I would like to think that after the early 6.0 fiasco, Ford would want to make damned sure the new diesel engine is well developed, dependable and with all the bugs worked out of it. Now isn't the time for putting out a half assed product. In this economy, any more maturing problems similiar to that of the 6.0 could topple a company already teetering on the edge.

FJK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sad, but true

Navistar is shutting the doors of its Indy engine plant & foundry this July. Alot of people will be prmanently out of work. July is the time that Ford usually starts production of the next model year engine (2010) so it will be ready for vehicle production on Jan 1. Aside from coming up with a new engine, Ford also has to meet 2010 diesel emissions, which is a HUGE challenge in itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14