Ford man, just got first Diesel

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy ya'll
I own, drive, wheel, roll, etc a 1978 Bronco and have for years, but I just bought a 2001 F250 in December. I've wanted to own a powerstroke for awhile and I absolutly love this thing now that I have one. It is four wheel drive because I can't stand the thought of having a truck that I can't drive in bad weather or off the pavement, but I plan to use the truck for highway driving and towing. I also waited to find a 6spd manual besauce I want to drive this thing for years without having to ever worry about rebuilding a slushbox. Basically I got a great deal on a truck loaded with all the options I wanted. Here is what my new rig looks like:
1.jpg

While I am currently displaced to Lexington, Virginia, my home is and always will be North Texas in Denton (just north of the DFW metroplex). Now for the first question: Can someone tell me what transmission and transfer case is in my truck? I feel like a fool having to ask, but I am realizing that my knowledge of Ford trucks is best in the 68-79 year model range.

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
:SDD2

Welcome aboard................glad you found us !!!

Tbar

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD, glad to have you. As to your first Q, assuming you have an automatic trans it is the 4R100 and your t-case is either a NP271 or NP273.

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck has ESOF four wheel drive, so I'm thinking that makes the T-case a NP273. Sound right?

Anyone know what the low range ratio is like?

Last edited:

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
:SDD2 nice looking truck, your not gonna like that bumper, tell you what I'll take it off your hands for free and make you a good deal on the factory one :hmm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl