FORD MOTOR CO.

BROKER

SOUTHBOUND & DOWN
Reaction score
Down to Junk Bond status this moring ? GM is also there with them ? Are we all going to be driving Toyotas next ?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have an alternative. I have a 1942 Ford that still goes down the road. Thats 63 years old. When my 96' F350 is 63 years old I will be 92. If I am still kicking at 92 I am sure my 1996 PSD will be kicking too :sweet So if Ford quits building truck tomorrow it would not matter to me because I am not paying $40,000+ for a truck anyway.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I HIGHLY doubt Ford is just going to go belly up. So now would be a good time to BUY stock wouldnt it? If your already at the bottom, you can only go UP!

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
It's the Oil Companies

I would say about the time the RICH OIL COMPANIES decide to lower the prices where they should be Ford and GM will start selling cars and trucks again and the stocks will go up.

This is going to get much worse before it gets better, the Oil Companies are going to cause layoffs from the Vehicle manufactures all the way down to who supplies them with materials.

Once the oil companies lower the price of fuel where us common people can afford to drive then we will start buying the new cars and trucks again.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Since I derive my paycheck from one of the rich oil companies I will defer from commenting in this thread :D.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I am working towards not relying on a "ROC" (rich oil company) to fuel my vehicle, I wont care what they do.

Self sufficiency really does have its advantages. THe US gave up self sufficiency a LONG time ago.

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
Since I am working towards not relying on a "ROC" (rich oil company) to fuel my vehicle, I wont care what they do.

Self sufficiency really does have its advantages. THe US gave up self sufficiency a LONG time ago.

Ford Forgotten, I agree, I am converting my truck to veggie oil so I don't depend on the ROC, I have a car that I have been driving for 6 months on veggie oil. :cowboy:
Good luck on yours :)

But I still care what they do since our whole economy is really based on the fuel prices, everything has gone up in price and will not lower till the ROC have bleed us dry.

Rat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about a VW TDI...since Ford won't touch diesels besides the SD, (I already got one), I might just support a company which gives me a puddle jumper getting 45 mpg. Ford has them in their European inventory....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14