Ford plow isolation module?

bigdadie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, hope you guys can help. I just pick up a used fisher XBlade with everything from a 04 ford f-350 for my 05 ford f-350 .

My truck came with mounts already, but the head light harness with the 04 will not work with my truck called a dealer to see about the right harness that was cool, but they told me 29070 module that came with the plow is not right for my truck, it for Gm's not Ford's & I need to get a 29060. Is this true?

All I can tell is that the one I have will work with day light running lights if the truck had them.

Is it still cool to run this box or will cause problems with the lights on my truck?

Or do they just make more money on me?

Thanks,

Dale

atk

Reaction score
how old is the plow?

the headlight harness will be different because of the different headlight bulbs....

Last edited:

bigdadie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
About one year old. Minute mount 2 with the new intensifire headlamps.

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
Hi, hope you guys can help. I just pick up a used fisher XBlade with everything from a 04 ford f-350 for my 05 ford f-350 .

My truck came with mounts already, but the head light harness with the 04 will not work with my truck called a dealer to see about the right harness that was cool, but they told me 29070 module that came with the plow is not right for my truck, it for Gm's not Ford's & I need to get a 29060. Is this true?

All I can tell is that the one I have will work with day light running lights if the truck had them.

Is it still cool to run this box or will cause problems with the lights on my truck?

Or do they just make more money on me?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
did the lights work fine on the 04?

if the 29070 module worked on the 04, i don`t see why it won`t work on your 05....maybe the 04 had daytime running lights....:dunno

so that you know, Western bought Fisher or atleast that what i was told....anyway i was a Western service/installer tech....

i just looked up some info in my service manuals and they do list a couple different modules....1 module will fit most apllications and the other module will fit certain GM apllications....so they may be telling you the truth for it being the wrong module....hope this helps some....

if i can find out some more info, i will let you know........

bigdadie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I do not know if it worked, it was a good deal either way, was less than half what new is. The guy had his truck reposed :rant before he installed it.

He got the blade from a Going out of business sale.

Where I all so have a 04 f-350, I will see if it works with that as a test, What the worst it will do, not work :confused:! Not going to plow with that 04 to big,

I do not think that any of the f-350 SD has nor had day time running lights.

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
I do not know if it worked, it was a good deal either way, was less than half what new is. The guy had his truck reposed :rant before he installed it.

He got the blade from a Going out of business sale.

Where I all so have a 04 f-350, I will see if it works with that as a test, What the worst it will do, not work :confused:! Not going to plow with that 04 to big,

I do not think that any of the f-350 SD has nor had day time running lights.

sounds like you got a deal and yeah, that would be a big ***** truck to plow with...

as for the module, you can try it, either it won`t work or fry the module....

all SD up here in Canada have daytime running lights, it`s law....if a truck comes up from the US, they have to be fitted with it, even if it is running/park lights that come on to pass inspection(safety)....

Last edited:

bigdadie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It did not work that good, every time you change from low to high beam it would go back to the trucks light for about 20 sec then back to plow lights.

I will get the other one.

:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14