Ford Rebuilt HD Trannies

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good old Davenport, north of Haines city. Nice little town. :sweet
Gordon Jarrett Ford they are a good dealer.

travelinbob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK....today I went on my second road trip after the OD light blinked that one time. Both trips were a couple hundred miles and no problems at all. The tranny never shifted funny or anything. The light blinked that one time and one time only. I noticed it blinking and it seemed to run OK so I drove to the campground maybe 50 miles and it seemed alright. The dealer said the TQ slip code came up. Maybe the tranny is still good.??????? I will wait till I pull my trailer back up to Clermont again and it may start blinking again under load. If not, what do you think.? The truck is maxed out with a 20,000 pound trailer so I could understand it if it needs replaced.
Bob

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob how many miles do you have on the truck? On the blinked OD light that could be trans. getting over heated, low or high trans. pump pressure, a valve in the valve body getting stuck could be a number of things. One thing about all dealer shops is it's alway EZer to sale you a new trans. then to look at the problem and fix it. There may be nothing wrong with the trans. I would go to a outside trans. shop and get a second look at the trans. before you drop the money on it. Has the unit ever been power flush? Just my 2 cents.

travelinbob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dogman,
Truck has 190,000 miles and I think it's on it's second tranny. The dealer I bought it from said previous owner put in a Ford rebuild. I had tranny shop drop pan and change fluid and filter 7000 miles ago. It did not smell or look burnt. I have had overheating problems big time climbing passes and mountains in California this past summer. The Ford garage I had problem to said that my tranny temp was 20 degrees higher than my aftermaket gauge was reading. In CA I always pulled over and let it cool down but at that time I was not aware that I was 20 degree higher. Power flush ??? I understand it's not best to do it.
I think I'll get a second opinion after I pull my trailer up past Davenport on Monday. If I do a new HD tranny I will get the outside radiator cooler also.
Bob

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new HD tranny I will get the outside radiator cooler also

That a plus on the trans. I put one in and I'm running a good 15 deg. cooler now. Sat. I picking up my new/used 5ther in Bartow so I'm set now....I hope..LOL

Power flush, It works better on units that are serviced about every 30000 to 35000 miles. It helps get the crap out of the unit. The way it works is the undo the trans. lines and hook up a machine that pumps in new fluid wall the truck is started and pumping out the old fluid and they do this till the fluid is new in the hole trans. I did my truck at 90000 and have had no know problems as of this date. Something came to mined, you could put a remote trans. filter on your truck to help the filter out in the trans. most put them on the frame and change the filter every other oil change. You can never filter to much..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14