Ford Says....

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my first oil change today for free from the dealer. I asked for synthetic oil. When I called to see if it was done they told me that they had used a synthetic blend oil. They said for does not recommend full synthetic oil for 6.0 PSD :dunno . Is that normal? It already seems to run a little smoother. It has 4700 miles on it now. She is growing up so fast.:(

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Chances are they don't have synthetic diesel oil on hand. I know that sounds nuts, but alot of the 10 minute oil change places don't have it either. Ford uses alot of 5w-20 Dinosaur oil for its vehicles. I'd love to know what they put in. 15w-40 Motorcraft is there stock oil for our trucks. 10w-30 can be used. Not recommended for towing, though.

jbcarver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Most dealers will not like to put syn in till the rings seat at about 10,000 miles ,and most other metal to metal parts need to seat also. that maybe is why they put in the blend .:dunno

Reaction score
janders said:
. . . They said for does not recommend full synthetic oil for 6.0 PSD :dunno . Is that normal? It already seems to run a little smoother. It has 4700 miles on it now. She is growing up so fast.:(

Yeah - that's what my tech told me also when I told him what I had in it. I told him to bad - my truck likes and I like what my truck likes :D

5-30 AMSOIL is what I run -

Ron

loosenutz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Full syn is a sin!!!
Engine parts need to wear and seat as designed.
I would go 10 to 15k on the blend before switching to full synthetic.

You may want to verify in advance then to ensure you get what you request.

After break in though I am a huge fan of synthetic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14