Ford vs Chevy prices

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 511 was fast, but only in a straight line. It would overheat in short order and we had to run a cool-can or the gas would boil on a hot day. But we also had some interesting cars, not just hot-rods. I had a couple of 3 cylinder Saab 2-strokes and a Triumph TR7 I bought for next to nothing with a rod knock. My oldest brother had an IH scout with a 4 cylinder [1/2 an 8, remember those?] and a tin indian with the OHC 6. I also had a Riviera with a 401 nail-head and dual quads, totally stock. Thought it was a grannie's car and sold it. :doh:

Yes, that could be another topic, on "what was the best car we let get away"
Mine was a 1970 428scj Mustang. Although I still have the engine and transmission from that car. I traded the car in on a new pickup and overhead camper, and the salesman said he didn't care what engine was in the car when we traded it in, so I pulled the 428 and put in a 352. :sly
Don't feel sorry for the car dealer, because he would only give me $2,500 for the car no matter what engine was in it in 1974. The mustang was in perfect shape. I really did not need the $2,500 so I should have never traded it in. My dumbest move.:CRAZY

Last edited:

Powerstrokebloke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are going to have a fun Falcon also.
Mine is a 1960 Falcon with a straight axle, C-6 automatic, 9" 4.11 posi.
I have a 1970 Ford 428SCJ engine with nitrous in it now, but have not run it in years, so I need to rebuild the engine, trans, and carb. "850 Holley".
I have some extra 428 engines so I picked one to rebuild instead of the one in the car. The parts are Edelbrock rpm heads and intake, Manley valves, Probe 4.17 pistons, Total Seal gapless rings, 428cj rods, 428 balanced and polished crank, Arp main, head, and rocker arm studs, Comp cams 306S cam, Comp solid lifters, push rods, valve seals, retainers, and double spring set. Double roller gear set and all the other parts and pieces needed to put this together. The block has had align honed mains, decked, oil galley changes, matching oil to main bearing holes, etc. etc. By the machine shops computer program they show it to make 640 hp without nitrous. I personally think that figure is a little high. I would be happy with 590 hp and then add another 150 hp with nitrous. The Falcon weighs 3000 lbs. about what your Falcon should weigh. The 428SCJ has iron heads on it, so with this new engine, it should just be under 3000 lbs.

Shoot me a pm with your email mate, and I will send you a swag of photos of the old girl.
Still has the original vinyl roof and trim, a real barn find, old woman owned it...and I stuffed the biggest motor in it I could....and 200 of nitrous..:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58