Ford vs IH parts price?

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I looked up the ford fuel heater element for the SD today and the price was $104 :eek: . I then pulled this IH part number off the list posted here - 1831196C92. I called a local IH dealer and he quoted me $22.67. :sweet

Can that be right or did he look up the wrong part? I intend to go by this weekend and confirm then order if it is the right part but such a large difference made me doubt it.

deeretrac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TX i dont its wrong.

stand pipe at Ford is like $50 and at IH its $9 go figure.

Rob

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont know if the prices you quoted are accurate, but by and large,,, IH beats the pants off of Ford on parts prices in general.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
I heard Ford made some kinda deal with IH saying if IH knew it was for the Powerstroke they couldn't sell the parts, because IH was undermining Ford

True or just a rumor i heard?

Neal

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard that, but they don't sell some specific stuff (like the fuel bowl) that is Ford-only). Thankfully, a lot of the stuff we have part numbers for and the parts are used in both Ford and IH applications. Just don't tell them that it is for a PSD (just give them the part number). Cheers!

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Dieselpwrdredneck said:
I heard Ford made some kinda deal with IH saying if IH knew it was for the Powerstroke they couldn't sell the parts, because IH was undermining Ford

True or just a rumor i heard?

Neal

My local IH does not sell our stock turbo any more. I think this is part of "the deal" you referred to.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
When I got o-rings for Kyle's turbo removal, from IH on the phone price was 99cents for one and $1.69 for the other. Got there and dude asked me how many I wanted, came back with them and asked who it was for. I said cash and he took like 5 mins to adjust the invoice and tack on some. I still got 2 sets for just over 10 bucks when Ford has one set for like 6 bucks.:dunno

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
He raised a price he had already quoted? I will watch for and not allow that this weekend.

What lie could I tell them if they ask what I am putting this on? Other than "mind your own damn business".

When I called yesterday I mentioned it was for a powerstroke because the store's website said they carried parts for "commercial applications". He didnt seem to notice or care. Of course, I could tell by the effort I had to go to to explain what I wanted that he was as sharp as a ball.

I plan on stopping by over the weekend and simply handing them the part number but they already said they have to order it from Dallas.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them it's for an Internationl medium duty truck 4300 sounds about right.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
He raised a price he had already quoted? I will watch for and not allow that this weekend.

Pretty much yes. It was a different guy than on the phone and I didn't look at the ticket until out the door.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58