Forest River Tour

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are back from taking the tour at the factory. We saw our unit in line. It is amazing how well orginized these people are. We were very impressed with the quality steps they take to make each coach very high quality. Attached is a picture of Rick "plant manager" and Rachel "sales manager" for Forest River in Dallas Oregon. They were very friendly and helpful and treated us like vips.
They had three huge warehouses, full of parts and people building coaches. They can turn out ten units per day. Their 5th wheels have many features that are standard with them, that are options on other units.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am glad you enjoyed your trip and the tour. It is nice to see how yours is being made.

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So glad you liked what you saw. Always makes you feel better to know how something that you are spending so much of your hard earned money is made.
When will you be picking it up. Remember that Joan will have to make some trips to Wall-Mart, Dillards, K-Mart and a few other places, to get everything she will need for the new trailer. I know she will have fun decorating it.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yes,,,
Joan has been shopping for items to put into the 5er already, plus she got to pick out her carpet and linoleum while we were at the factory.
They will be delivering it to our dealer in Redding anytime from the 12th to the 16th. of this month. Then they do the PDI here in Redding. The dealer will not get their money until after the pdi, so I am sure they will speed it up. My thoughts about spending the money are that we do not have a lot of time left on this earth, and it does not make sense to die and have a lot of money in the bank. Our friends and family are having a rough year "physically", with one dying last week, and one having two to nine months left. Three in the hospital, with surgery. At this point in our lives, health becomes an issue. We all save our money for the future, for retirement, and that time for us is now.
We thank God for a good life,happiness, family and friends. Everything else is extra.
Thanks Dave; it was a fun trip. If you ever are in Dallas Or., on a Sunday night, Murphy's Grill, has a killer Prime Rib. :thumbs

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took delivery of a brand new 2007 Forest River Cedar Creek 36RLTS 5th wheel 38ft in lenght With King bed, 2 Air cond, Trail air hitch and trail air suspension, 5.5 LP Onan genset, Lazy boy rocker recliners, It's time to go camping now.......

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pete, sounds like you are trying to out do us all. Where do you live? Can you make the Campout Rally in Texas this year? Sure hope to be there myself and meet everyone again. Hope you enjoy your trailer as much as we are enjoying ours. It is nice and warm here in south Texas right now. Not looking forward to heading home first of April.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I just took delivery of a brand new 2007 Forest River Cedar Creek 36RLTS 5th wheel 38ft in lenght With King bed, 2 Air cond, Trail air hitch and trail air suspension, 5.5 LP Onan genset, Lazy boy rocker recliners, It's time to go camping now.......

max
when ours arrived, it took bout two weeks to vacummmmm up all the left overs they left.
but overall we have been very happy with our forest river product

pete
we really like or 36rlts.... why did they drop down to a 5.5 generator? we have a 6500...

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations;

The 36RLTS is one fine coach. We looked at some $200,000 class A motorhomes at the RV show and the 36RLTS looks just as good. Anyone wanting to full time it would enjoy one of these. Very very nice.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulling question

Powerboatr; WD40;

Both your rigs are longer and heavier then the one I am getting. What kind of fuel mileage do you get with your 5ers? What is the difference from empty to pulling your 5th wheels? Since I have a six speed transmission, and if I drive the speed limit, I will have to be in 5th gear. If I pull in sixth gear I would need to be at 70 mph to keep the rpm's up to 2000. So 5th gear at 60 mph should be a little above 2000 rpm. I will have to check.
I guess 11 to 13 mpg would be good. I am still averaging about 18.5 mpg empty, in sixth gear at 2000 rpm."cruise control".
Leaving it in 5th gear pulling even my smaller 5er, should drop the mileage considerably. 60 mph in sixth gear pulling a 5er should be around 1700 rpm, which would bog the engine down.
what gear do you use pulling your 5th wheels with your automatic trans on level ground at 60 mph?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 62 to 68 MPH and get from a low of 8 to as high as 11.2 the last time coming down here. May have had a tail wind part of the way on the last tank full. The most I get with out the trailer is 16 mpg.
I am thinking that on the open highway you will want to kick it up to about 65 or 67 in 6th gear for your best mpg's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14