Found 500 ppm FUEL!!!!!

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flying J just opened a new fuel island here in Midland and it has the 500 ppm fuel. :clap: I am so excited. I have not got a chance to go fuel up yet. It takes a while to burn thru 150 gals of fuel. I am not sure though of if I need to continue running the two stroke oil along with this fuel.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Man, I wish they had it around my area. Only time I find it is if I'm waaay out in the boonies--those stations that carry diesel all have the 500 ppm, probably because it's farm country and the farmers would rather use that in their equipment or so I'm guessing. :dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing they even make 500 ppm fuel for public use anymore. The government requires usld now by law. Anyone else agree?

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, their is still both. Look at a google and check diesel fuel prices. Some sites list flying j's, ta's etc . They list a price and specify ulsd or lsd. I get lsd at horns off exit 180 on rt40 nc. 3.99 gallon.
Most stations are the newer stuff. This is how it reads on the pump and on the internet. What it is I cant prove. My truck runs better when I go to the lsd listed fuel.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
I found one today not too far from me......US Gas........apparently just opened. Couldn't believe it when I saw it was 500 ppm. There were about 6 trucks lining up after I started pumping and it was $4.15/gal which is pretty good for around here. About $.30 cheaper per gal. than any other station I've checked. They should do well....lots of diesels around!!!! :D

JRJ04

Reaction score
very interesting...i thought they did away with it completely. learn something new every day!!:sweet

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
I believe California and a few other states required a complete change over to ULSD by 2007, but the majority of the U.S. has until 2010 to complete the change over. I also heard just the other day that by 2012 all Off Road engines like construction equipment, farm equipment, boats, locomotives, etc. must be ULSD compliant as well, like our 2007 and newer diesel trucks are now.

AKmud

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We can get it here in Alaska, but it is the "off road" fuel and isn't supposed to be used on road because it doesn't include the highway tax. I notice on the pumps it explains that 2007 and newer rigs are REQUIRED to use ULSD and it is RECOMMENDED for use in all diesels....:dunno If it is only "recommended" then we should be able to find the old stuff for hwy use! :rant I'm guessing stations don't want to have to deal with (or simply aren't prepared to deal with) two separate tanks for diesel.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found one today not too far from me......US Gas........apparently just opened. Couldn't believe it when I saw it was 500 ppm. There were about 6 trucks lining up after I started pumping and it was $4.15/gal which is pretty good for around here. About $.30 cheaper per gal. than any other station I've checked. They should do well....lots of diesels around!!!! :D

We're about to be under $4 for diesel!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14