Found some front end Zerts on the 06!

Scot

;()
Reaction score
I was getting my yearly DOT inspection today and the mechanic noticed I had grease zerts on the front drive axle u-joints. Just wanted to let everyone know in case I'm not the only clueless one. 4X4 sure seemed smoother in turns after we lubed them;tu

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that means they're not stock ujoints, unless they moved to greaseable units in later years.

Oh, friendly heads up, they're "Zerk" fittings, named after oscar zerk, who invented the thing...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that means they're not stock ujoints, unless they moved to greaseable units in later years.

Oh, friendly heads up, they're "Zerk" fittings, named after oscar zerk, who invented the thing...

they must have added zerks in later years...my 2004 has
grease fittings on the ujoints at each front wheel....along
w/ a few other grease joints on the pitman arm & steering
control link/arm.

Scot

;()
Reaction score

I didn't seem corrrect when I typed it. DAMN! can't edit subjects! My 03 350 had 0 so this is nice to have something before I do ball joints

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58