fpr mod

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did the mod and i was wondering if anybody could tell me what to expect from this mod. better reponse, better pick up, better milage maybe, eng. run quieter maybe???? any info would be helpful. thanks to all!!!:dunno

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
big bear,

I moved your post to a new thread of it's own. It was not related to the 15w-40 thread and will get you a better response here.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better reponse, better pick up, eng. runs quiter is about it..if its set to high..(70PSI or higher) the truck may run ruff...65 PSI is recomended..

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a California truck so it's already factory done.
(I didn't know that until after I got a gauge and did some research.):doh:

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
The best program I came up with was the IT diesel end cap with the reg. gutted and plumb a adj. regulator to do the job. 105psi is the max pressure for all around performance.

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
105psi is the majack no. for all around performance.:tounge

105??? How have you not seriously damaged anything? I have never heard of running your fuel psi above 70. Anything above that and you start to run into issues. Do you have an aftermarket fuel system?

Someone else chime in here, but I think 105 psi is WAYY high.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Dieselsite fuel pressure regulator. Set it to 65 psi, as reccommedned. Bob told me that more than 70 will yield no further gains and will infact cause harder starting. I currently am running at 60 psi because the truck was starting hard when warm. I would think that 105 psi would just cause alot of fuel leaks, among other problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58