Free spin conversions

NORFLA444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Everyone,

I have a set of 06' 18's that I am going to use; the only problem is they rub a bit and will use spacers. However, I need to upgrade to a free spin conversion first. So far the only ones I've seen are the Dynatrac and SpynTec systems. Any opinions on which is best?

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dynatrac has been around for quite awhile. When I put my kit in was amazed how beefy it was. The axle shafts are huge compared to the stock ones.
Time intensive but not technically difficult install.

Have no experience with the other kit, but would advise anyone to go straight to Dynatrac. No reason to look further IMHO.

Just my .02

Mike

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dynatrac is where I have experience also but with a $400 differential or roughly a 20% price difference it makes the choice a bit more difficult

Me personally I'd run the spacers until you start to get unit bearing problems then I'd do the swap. there are plenty of folks running huge tires & offset rims that put more stress on the unit bearings than stock wheels with a spacer ever would and they aren't replacing unit bearings all the time.

NORFLA444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Looking at doing every upgrade I want while I still have the money to do it, and this is one of those things I want. I would rather have it than wait for a bearing to go out a thousand miles from home towing a camper. Short term investment, long term piece of mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14