Free spin kit installation

MR12008

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My units bearings went out so instead of replacing them I used the dynatrac freespin kit. Heres some pictures of how it went.

First Remove the stock hub locout. Theres a snapring thats pretty easy to take off with pliers. Once you get the snap ring out pull the hub out.

1removestocklockout.jpg

When you get the lockout off you see a snapring. That needs to come off next along with the three washers. These can be discarded.

2removesnapring.jpg

Remove the ABS sensor from the hub and move out of the way. Cut and plug the vaccuum line going to the hub.

2acutandpludvacuumline.jpg

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW thats pretty drastic to pull the hub out like that !

I can pull mine right out once ive removed the snap ring !
guess its the difference in a little periodic maint. of the hubs.

MR12008

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Theres 4 bolts that hold the unit bearing on. Remove these. THey are on the back of knuckle. Once I got them removed i used two hammers to tap it loose and a paint scraper to get behind it. Use plenty of pb blaster.

3removehub.jpg

Once you get the unit bearing off the axle shaft needs to come out. ITs held in place by a tight seal at the diff. Get two pry bars and pry on the axlw shaft ears.

4pryoutaxleshaft.jpg

separate the stub shaft from the inner axle shaft. Nows a good time to relpace the U-jionts. I cut mine out with a torch since i was replacing them but you can also use a ball jiont press.

5separatestubshaft.jpg

MR12008

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
here is the new stub shaft This can go on the inner axle shaft with new Ujionts at this time.

6intallnewstubshaft.jpg

The studs need to be pulled from the stock unit bearing.

7remove4studsfromhub.jpg

And installed in the new spindle

8installstudsonnewspindle.jpg

MR12008

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There are 2 different types of wheel studs. Course and fine. The kit should come with both. Once you verify what you have press the new studs into the new hub.

9installwheelstuds.jpg

Youcan now install the new spindle and ABS sensor.

10newspindleistalled.jpg

Next pack the bearings in the hub and install. You need a 6 point hub nut socket

11installnewhub.jpg

MR12008

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The Warn hubs that come with the kit install just like any manual hub with one exception. It uses a spiral lock snap ring on the stub shaft. If you use the standard snap ring with the holes on the end it will stay locked because the ring interferes with the main body clutch gear.

12warnhub.jpg

Wheel on
13freespindone.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14