Freight train

02EX_PSD

Not as Junior of a Member
Reaction score
Maybe ya'll can help me out on this one. I was parked next to a F-250 4x4 that was decked out fairly nice with wheels, grill, badges, etc. My guess is that it was an early 2000's model. Overall a nice looking truck. I was not expecting what I heard when that cowgirl fired that puppy up. I first noticed what I perceived to be a rather loud mechanical injector-type noise. When she put it into gear and drove through the parking lot, all I could hear was a super loud turbo whistle. We ended up going the same way for a while down the road and all I could hear was that whistle! I thought my exhaust was loud but I could still hear that turbo singing. I know it is a long shot, but what kind of mods would you think would make those kinds of sounds?:dunno

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ya know I've heard exactly what you're talking about with a few 6.0L's around here in Dallas and if I recall it was the cat was removed and an aeroturbine muffler replaced the stock muffler or somewhere in that area :confused:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
if you really want that freight train sound, nothing beats a nice set of nathan or leslie 5 chime loco horns.
vbpicgallery.php

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
subscribing.... i want to know how to get my truck to sound like that!!! I heard with an aftermarket intake you can hear the Turbo more and i heard an aftermarket exhast will get that turbo heard.... so i plan to buy both.

:D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i know from my own mods. after i installed a K & N filter and a complete banks big hoss bundle which changes the boost tubes, intercooler, duel exhaust, and the 6-gun, it sounds like a jet engine at the exhaust.:sweet

Last edited:

oil_burner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my buddy's 6.0 sounds like that. he gutted the cat and installed the areo muffler. sounds good but makes little difference in power. My 7.3 still makes him whimper like a little girl. hey bama-six-gun, please tell me your a crimson tide man !!!!!ROLL TIDE!!!!!

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
straight pipe it with no Muffler and 4 inch exhaust, Thats what mine sounds like.. Rumbling and spooling

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I heard a similar 350 recently take off from a light and when he first started it sounded like a huge blast of air just an instant before you heard the turbo whine. Ive been wondering what he had on it but have never seen him again to ask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14