French fry or Chicken exhaust?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Chinese food...ummm good, but an hour after I get behind someone using WVO from a Chinese restaurant and breathe those fumes, I get the munchies SO BAD! -popcorn

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Got my first chance to drive behind a french fried diesel the other day. Funny thing...I'm driving on the coast road (Hwy 1) by the ocean with obviously no fast food establishments for miles wondering who the heck is frying potatoes :dunno ? Then it clicked...:D I can't wait to drive behind a diesel turkey mobile. :roflmao

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I gotta ask you guys...are you actually running this stuff through your trucks? Im a "gasser" as budro puts it... :D :D ...how do you keep things from congealing (sp) in the tank and injectors ect....Im really curious?

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
i wish someone around here would give me oil! everyone is getting paid for their waste oil by this company out of houston.

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
HCAbowman said:
So I gotta ask you guys...are you actually running this stuff through your trucks? Im a "gasser" as budro puts it... :D :D ...how do you keep things from congealing (sp) in the tank and injectors ect....Im really curious?

Bowman, I mix some with diesel in the heat of the summer about 20%, But my WVO tank and lines are heated to thin the oil to the same consistancy as diesel. Once the truck gets up to temp, I switch to veg oil and I am off and running. You must remember that a diesel engine fuel is ignited but compression and not a spark, the heat in the compression will ignite almost any oil. There is a BIG process to make sure the oil is clean enough so you don't mess up your injectors.

:cowboy:

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:
i wish someone around here would give me oil! everyone is getting paid for their waste oil by this company out of houston.

Got the same problem here.... I am lossing sources because of this also. I may have to start paying for it. I am dowm to about 30 gals left in my back up supply. :(

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KansasDiesel said:
Bowman, I mix some with diesel in the heat of the summer about 20%, But my WVO tank and lines are heated to thin the oil to the same consistancy as diesel. Once the truck gets up to temp, I switch to veg oil and I am off and running. You must remember that a diesel engine fuel is ignited but compression and not a spark, the heat in the compression will ignite almost any oil. There is a BIG process to make sure the oil is clean enough so you don't mess up your injectors.

:cowboy:

Thats awesome....I kinda figured you would have to filter the heck outta it, or something so ya didnt have chunks of fry or whatever floating around it!! Thank you...Im starting to think I need to go truck shopping this weekend...LOL!!

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
HCAbowman said:
Thats awesome....I kinda figured you would have to filter the heck outta it, or something so ya didnt have chunks of fry or whatever floating around it!! Thank you...Im starting to think I need to go truck shopping this weekend...LOL!!

There is a filtering and dewatering process you must go thru but once you get your proceedure down it is a piece of cake. I filter mine 3 times and the final is filtered to between 10 and 5 microns. Note that if you live in a cold climiate that you should not mix it with diesel because the oil will gell up and cause problems, that is why we install a totally different fuel system to run SVO/WVO with heated tanks and fuel lines and even heated fuel filters. :cowboy:

You still have to run diesel to start and stop, You never want to start using SVO/WVO until your engine is up to temp.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14