from oil leak to HOLLY COW!!!

Chopper Boy

sdd Junior Member
Reaction score
I got up the next day from the oil leak around the dip stick where it goes into the pan,started the truck & it idoled rough (has nothing to do with oil leak) so I thought maybe it because it was cold it was 12F but it was pluged in, so I let it warm up I went inside. about 5to 10 mins later I hear the ex die so I go out the ex tries to start but it is nocking but not oil but like an injector nock. I had plenty of oil psi so I thought its not oil. So I called the tow truck they took it to ford:rant they looked at it & said it was #1& 2 injector this is a stock ex with 188,000 they wanted 1800 to fix it. I asked if they had checked fuel psi they said no. They check fuel psi it was 10 psi (lift pump was bad so they checked the tank They found that the fuel screen was stoped up & that burnt up the lift pump witch mad the injectors 1& 2 go bad. At this point they wanted 2500.00 to fix it only 2 injectors,lift pup & screen.
S0..... I order stage II 32 L per min Dynomite diesel injectors all eight, a dp turner 5 setting 1. stock 2. 60 hp tow 3. 100 hp daily driver 4. 120 performance 5. extream (tossed the supper chip for sale for someone)new lift pump & new fuel screen, ats housing , new compressor wheel, fuel Gauge,hpx hose,203 thermo,al thermo housing!!!!
HOLLY COW !!!!!!!after $6000.00 later this thing bettter run GOOD!
so what do you guys think did I go the right way on this?

P.S. Ill get to the oil leak next week (black rtv I ran out of money)

Chopper Boy

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Helllll yes! with that kind of mileage and it being torn down anyway I don't see any other option than all 8. If 1&2 were bad from low pressure, the rest will go soon. and you'll paying again. What was the blocking the screen???

Chopper Boy

sdd Junior Member
Reaction score
just CRAP over the years stoped it up I got to see it , it was NOT good at all.
I should have it done by this time next week. Im a helicopter Pilot an Im going to Dallas Tx. to fly for a week Looking at a new Job!:D

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
sorry bout the bad news, at least youll get a nice upgrade out of it. I busted my grill about two weeks ago and am now looking into a 2005 front end upgrade. Its funny how a little damages calls for serious repairs.

How do you like being a helicopter pilot? Ive considered it long and hard and decided against it but still keep the idea in the back of my head. I think about it every time I have a bad day at work. (almost every day)

Chopper Boy

sdd Junior Member
Reaction score
I have owed differant CO. in Indiana so close to you I just got tierd of the problems so I sold everything I had paid everything off & became a Helicopter Pilot. It was the hardest thing at first at I have ever done it is HARD but once you get it it's not bad at all! I'm 37 years old I'm older than most people that start but I did it in 10 Months. I would fly & study for 10 Hrs a day 5 to 6 day a week This was my Job, it sucked but well done! I don't know how old you are but go do a intro flight it's about 200.00 but you get to fly it !

Good luck (I LOVE my job)

Chopper boy:sweet

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Thanks im 24 so I still have the time, I just have to set my mind to it i guess. Ive been looking into the intro flight, I found a couple of different schools around here that offer it so I guess that would be a good first step.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58