FRONT 4X4 REPLACEMENT HUBS

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking to replace the stock auto/ manual locking front hubs on my truck. Called the dealer today and about collapsed when they told me they were $280 a piece. I have tried looking for aftermarket ones, but am not having any luck. I know that by going with the aftermarket ones I wont be able to keep the auto function, which if ok with me. If any one has done this and knows where I can find them I would really appreciate it. Also wondering about the prices as well. Thanks :sweet

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Before I did my Dynatrac upgrade, I pulled the POS factory vacume actuated hubs, threw them across the garage and put in some straight manual Warn hubs. I took some pics of the process and put them in my webshots album. The link is below.

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thabks for the help tail gunner. The pic's were great. I dont really like how the aftermarket hubs dont sit flush with the wheel cover, but I dont like spending $600 for new hubs even more. How do you like that dynatrac conversion. I just had to replace the right wheel bearing and was shocked at the cost. Made me start checking into the conversion. Its a good chunk of money to spend but well worth it since I plan of keeping her till she wont move anymore. Thanks again!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
01SMOKINSD said:
How do you like that dynatrac conversion. I just had to replace the right wheel bearing and was shocked at the cost. Made me start checking into the conversion. Its a good chunk of money to spend but well worth it since I plan of keeping her till she wont move anymore.

The Dynatrac kit has been trouble and worry free. I had sort of an on-going thread here going on as I was actually trying to get the Dynatrac project done. You can read it all HERE.

In case you didn't notice, I've got Dynatrac pics in my WEBSHOTS too.

Last edited:

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let anyone know who may be doing the swap at sometime that I found Warn hubs (part number 11690) for $180 that will work on all superduty's with the exception of duallies. Hopefully I will get these installed next week sometime. Thanks for eveyones help.

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I picked up the hubs from the parts store lastnight and couldn't wait to install them. The install was a lot easier then I ever expected. Took maybe 30 min tops. I was not able to plug the "red" supply line off, that goes to the hub actuator, at the time of completion. Needed to get the caps and plug from work in the morning. I did notice that the button that turns the back up sensors on/off was automatically turning off, and will stay off, ever time I would go into reverse. If I push the button it will turn back on until I go into reverse again. Just curious if this is because of a vaccum leak to the front hubs, or do I have another problem. Also was wondering if I need to cap off all the vaccum lines going to the front hub actuator or only the red supply line?:thanks

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
If you unplug the vacume line that goes from the reservoir to the ESOF solenoid and plug the port at the reservoir to stop the "hissing", removing the rest of the lines isn't required. They're just there now for decoration and no longer serve any purpose.

I'd just removed and plugged that line so I don't loose my HVAC whenever I go into 4wd.

uncool

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
01SMOKINSD said:
I found Warn hubs (part number 11690) for $180 that will work on all superduty's with the exception of duallies.

Have to ask why they won't fit on the dually? Is it because of the factory center cap design?

:thanks

Marc

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
To be honest with ya I dont know for sure why they wont work on the dually. But if Im not mistaken doesnt a dually have a totally different offset on the front hub compared to a SRW truck. Not sure how the hubs mount to the hubs on a dually. Was just trying to make it easier to find what hubs work for the next guy. So far the hubs are working great for me, have even picked up another mile per gallon in fuel milage. That always puts a smile on the face with todays prices of fuel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58