Front brake problem

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
I had my front rotors turned yesterday, and I put new pads up front. As I went back together with everything, I noticed that my passenger side floating pin (the one that goes into the caliper mount/bracket) was completely seized. The other one was able to be pulled out, cleaned, lube, and put back in. We tried penetrating oil, a 4X rivet gun, hammers, wrenches, etc. Nothing would break it loose. We couldn't get it to go further in or come out. It would barely turn at all. So, I've ordered a new caliper bracket and hardware from Autozone. O'reilly's and Advance both said I would have to go to a junk yard to get this part, but Autozone came to my rescue. I just wanted everyone to know where to get this if they ever need to.

Drew

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
NAPA or Carquest..
I'd say NAPA..
after Mikey tearing up three cars at Daytona this afternoon, they need the money.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my bracket! What a race yesterday! Glad to see Trevor win! I think he will have sponsors for the rest of the year now!

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Make sure you use a high quality caliper grease when you put those sliders back together. Not that crap in the little baggie they give you with the pads. Ask around about the good stuff in the bottle with the brush. There are several brands, but it seems to be the same grease, just different colors. Well worth it, and you probably wont have that problem again

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I use the same stuff that I use (synthetic) on my race car as I do on my truck yet I have nothing but issues with the truck and never with the car.

I wish they had a updated caliper without the slider pins. I have replaced all four and they still stick. :rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58