Front driver side inner fenderwell

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I open my hood and look at where my tymar sits I see the plastic covered foam material in the fenderwell of the truck..

Now I know if you get a AIS with the foam piece they tell you take that out for more air flow.

My question is how much air flow are we looking at there?? With summer here I am thinking of jerking it all out to get some more air flow into the Engine bay.

Possibly even using a scoop there to get some more cool out side air to the engine bay.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The foam is a piece of noise insulation that is glued to the plastic inner fender liner.

When you remove the inner fender liner, the foam/insulation comes out with it.

You have to pull the inner liner to get at the IDM, as it is INSIDE the fender, bolted to the cab near the door hinges.

The problem with pulling the fender liner is you will end up sending ALL of your tire spray, mud, debris DIRECTLY into your filter, and your computer, and your tranny connectors, and body harness.

Now, if you cut a HOLE in the fender liner, and ran some kind of ductwork up to the front bumper, you could get a pseudo ram air effect similiar to the ZooDad mod of cutting the grille in front of the intake snorkel.

Removing the foam/insulation shouldnt cause any harm (other than slight noise increase) but removing the whole liner will be bad news.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58