Front Driveshaft Spacer

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the front driveshaft spacer? It's like a round 1 inch spacer that goes between the front part of the front driveshaft and the pinion yoke.I assume it's one inch. I'm installing a 6 inch DR lift kit in my truck in the spring and was wondering if I need it. :)

JeffHK454

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I run a 6" Pro-Comp lift on my 2K SD and there was no need , in my case for a spacer. The kit consisted of front and rear 4" springs, a front leveling kit and rear +1" block. The leveling kit gives an additional 2.5" of lift. I did however have to lengthen the track bar about 7/8 of an inch to let the front end travel correctly. If you lack the tools or ability to make your track bar longer then an adjustable one can be purchased from Skyjacker Suspension. I would have went that route but they are VERY overpriced !

I also had to put rear air bags on as the Pro-Comp springs work good offroad but killed the hauling/towing capabilities

Good luck, Jeff

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
I have the complete Donahoe Racing 6 inch lift kit with dual front shocks in my garage waiting to be installed. I comes with a track bar bracket to extend the track bar length. If you didn't need a spacer than I probably won't either. Oh and I have all the tools and skills (Mechanic background) to fabricate if I need to as well.

Thanks.:)

JeffHK454

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The Donahoe kits are first rate stuff ! My Pro-Comp kit had a drop bracket for the track bar but there R&D must have been off at PC as it was only "OK" for street driving and very limiting off road.

I know this truck is by no means a rock crawler but a local off road club has an articulation ramp and adding 7/8 of an inch to that link put me about 18" farther up it. It also made for a quieter and smoother ride on the street.

I have put on two Pro-comp kits and a BDS kit and they all needed to have that link extended! I hope the fact that Donahoe has a performance/racing background they have better "out of box" function!

I have had my truck twisted to it's max many times with no front shaft problems.

Good luck , Jeff

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I did a 3" leveling lift on my F350 and there was a link fo extend the panhard bar, but I did not need it. It was about 3/4" in length if I recall.

Dave :)

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
The drop bracket on the DR kit I have has two settings. I installed it and use the first setting for the lift I have now and it works perfect. Although DR still recommends the adjustable track bar. So sometime after Xmas I may invest in one. I've seen one on Ebay from time to time. If that doesn't work I'll just buy one from the DR rep here.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14