Front End Leveler Question

spideygsm24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was at an off-road parts store today and they sell front end leveler shims for $219. It sounded kind of pricey considering all that comes are a couple of shims and bolts.

My question is, if I add the 2" lift to the front end of my truck, do I have to extend the brake lines or mess with anything else. Thanks in advance for any guidance or suggestions.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
With 2" you will be good with all of the stock parts. Any more and you might need brake lines and shocks. I would stay away from shimming the front end. That is the "cheap way" to go and it is not what you really want. Go with bigger springs and they will cost a bit more money. Good Luck!

Dave :)

spideygsm24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip about not just going with Shims. I'm new to this stuff and your advise is appreciated. The truck was a big investment for me so I want to do things right. This site is great. Thanks,

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how far you want to go with your truck but a full 2 or 2 1/2 inch lift doesn't cost that much more then just the front leveling kit, pluse you get 4 new shocks, and no, you don;t need to change anything else.Not very difficult to install either. Best info I can give you if you do decide to do something like this is to make sure you go back in a few miles and retorque things down........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58