Front end rattle/clunking

ffej27

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have 3 Super Dutys with the same noise. This clunking/rattling always happens on bumpy/pothole ridden roads.To me it would have to be leaf spring bushings .I feel this in the floor pan area
1ST truck 2002 f350 pickup all ball joints done last year and axle u-joints done same time.
2003 f350 dump driver ball joints done last year pass. ball joints done this year . U-joints done on respective years and all replaced in truck drive shafts last year . Sway bar bushings replaced also
2ND truck 2004 f250 pickup 4 ball joints done 2 years ago and axle u-joints, sway bar links and shocks
I did find axle u bolts loose on the 2004 other two where tight
I find it funny 2004 is my personal truck others are employers trucks and these guys complain daily and no one can figure it out

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are my choices:

1. End Link Bushings (may have gone bad since you changed them)
  2. Shock Bushings (may have gone bad since you changed the shocks)
  3. Exhaust pipe bumping against the frame or a bolt

All three of these can be heard when you run over pothole, bumps and corduroys. I've done all three to my truck and it took care of the problem.

BTW :SDD

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my track bar came loose and was making a clunking noise

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All three of these can be heard when you run over pothole, bumps and corduroys. I've done all three to my truck and it took care of the problem.

BTW :SDD

rogues-gallery-urban-outfitters-pants-corduroy-supply-pant.jpg

:dunno

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh I never heard the term,, I even goggled it to see what else it may be other than a fabric .. makes sense the fabric is bumpy also

thx I was afraid someone was getting run over lol

ffej27

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes . On the 03 I changed the end links and it fixed the problem. I have not had a chance to look at the other 2 trucks yet , but monday the 02 is coming in the shop and my guess I will be replacing them on there also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14