Front end upgrade

Dreamindiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi to all, I am new to here and looked where I could. I have an 04 F250 XL and would like to upgrade to the nicer headlights and grill. Do I just need to get a new header panel and headlights or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Dreamindiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I thought since I didn't have the jewel headlights then I needed the header panel to have the headlights mount up right. I have the glass sealed beam old school lights.

Thanks

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, (imagine that), aren't the XL lights a sealed beam instead of changeable 9007 series bulbs? If so, you will have to change out the pigtails for the new light bulbs. I would also assume the header panel would be the same (I can't believe that Ford would have two different header panels), so the XLT lights should bolt up as well as the grill.

There has to be someone here that had done this change. Hopefully they will pipe in soon.

Barrett

rpenner54

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did it on my Late 99. I had some issues with the lights, I didn't get all the hardware to bolt them in when I got the lights. I bought them used so they were trashed or used when the guy upgraded his lights to the newer style. It works and all I did was re-wire the newer pig tails into the truck. They do bolt right in. :) Just make sure you get all the hardware with the lights otherwise you might have to get creative.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14