Front end upkeep

marko

Hornet
Reaction score
Ive got play in my steering wheel, truck wants to pull to the right. Had a front end alignment at the local Schwabs and was told that some work was needed on the front end to totally fix why it pulls. Where would be the first place to start? And if I could fix this in steps (money) I would like to keep it at a couple hundred a time. I have read as many other posts and sounds like steering box, ball joints, trac bar bushings, front axel u-joint or is there any I shouldnt do. Thanks for your help marko 2000 F250 4x4 superduty crew cab diesel

marko

Hornet
Reaction score
well what I did was jacked my truck up and tried to wiggle the tire and all, seems pretty tight actually. What else type of checks can I do ? Ive pulled wiggled and looked around but dont know what else there is.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well what I did was jacked my truck up and tried to wiggle the tire and all, seems pretty tight actually. What else type of checks can I do ? Ive pulled wiggled and looked around but dont know what else there is.

Pretty much it as far as I know. Have you tried just tightening up the steering box?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take it to another place and have it checked out, hope Schwab's is not trying to rep you off, but it does happen.
Doug

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with an allen and box wrench.. but you need to make sure you don't over do it
and it may not be loose at all ,, turn the steering wheel back and forth while the truck is off but key on and feel for slop ,, then check to see if the slop is in the box( the steering arm isn't moving ,, this is easier to do by grabing the steering linkage in the wheel well so you can watch the box

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58