Question Front End

Butch

Butch
Reaction score
Just replaced ball joints tie rods stabliblier front bushing on my 04 super duty 250 now it rides great not thunking or anything but when you get going 45 -50 miles per hour it takes off to the left you must slow down to get it back under control could the steering box be going out or or the power steering pump going bad.

Thank's In Advance

Butch

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Just replaced ball joints tie rods stabliblier front bushing on my 04 super duty 250 now it rides great not thunking or anything but when you get going 45 -50 miles per hour it takes off to the left you must slow down to get it back under control could the steering box be going out or or the power steering pump going bad.

A bad power steering pump won't cause the problem you describe.

A bad steering box will generally just get loose & sloppy causing the truck to wander from side to side and make it hard to keep it between the lines.

When you say it takes off to the left, is it just drifting to the left and you can steer back to the right or something more serious?

If you have a 4x4, there is a track bar that goes from the frame under the steering pump to the front axle. It has rubber inserts in the ends which have been known to get worn and get sloppy.

Fill out your signature and let us know what sort of beast you're driving.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
X2 on the track bar. May seem kinda stupid but I'll go there anyway....... Did you get the truck re-aligned after the repair work. Did you do the work, or did you pay someone else? Are you sure everything is tight? Sounds like something is loose and following the road ruts. If the drag link is out of adjustment to the center of the steering box(ie more turns of the steering wheel going left than right (or vice versa) from center) can cause all sorts of weird problems. If you have'nt done it yet, get to a reputable alignment shop asap. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58