front fuel tank ?????

surreyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey every one , i have a small hole in my front fuel tank that is under the rear strap , wondering if there is anything that i can do to patch it in place from the outside ?? also , if i did have to drop the front tank , would the truck still be operational with just the rear tank ?? any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!
thanks

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Fill out your signature by going to Quick Links in the TOP BLUE LINE and click on EDIT SIGNAURE and fill it out. Saves a bunch of typing, like this. :)

Dave :)

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
yes you can still run the truck with one tank.just dont flip to the front tank when your getting low in the rear tank.

i used this: click here for quick steel on the gas tank of my 66 pontiac to fill a hole the size of a link of chain i used to tow the car with.its still holding 10+ years later.make sure you clean the area real good with brake cleaner or starting fluid and rough the crap out of the area with 36 grit sand paper.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep you can run on only the rear tank mine was converted to single tank and the switch valve was simply capped with some rubber slip caps to prevent dirt from getting in and the dash switch was hidden and taped in the rear position.

As for the repair check the rest of the tank out and determine if it might be getting weak in other places and you'd be in for a repeat here shortly if you just fix what is leaking today.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not mess fixing it. Most of the time the tanks are full of rust and other crap. Most tanks sell for 100 to 150 bucks.

surreyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanx guys , i did end up just buying a new tank , 144 bucks , totally worth it , put it in last night , just curious if there has to be any bleeding of the lines or anything that has to be done ??? or can i just fire it up ?

thanx again !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58