Question Front hubs

Woore

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I live in Oz and am new to the F truck world, and loving the beast.

I just bought a 2003 f250 4wd 7.3l auto srw. Turns out the front hubs are stuffed so I'm looking for replacements.

I've rang Timken over here and they say the hub assy is obselete yet I read on the forums in the states that they are still available?

According to this site 03 2003 Ford F250 Super Duty Wheel Hub Assembly - Driveshaft & Axle - Centric, First Equipment Quality, Moog, National, Pronto, Quality-Built, Timken, WJB, Front - PartsGeek these are Timken, are they or are they chinese? I'm not convinced they arent copies, are there markings on the Timkens?

Any help appreciated, reliable supplier? I'd rather spend the extra and do it right first time. I also see a brand called Moog, are they custom made? High quality?

I can get the Chinese ones here but am really trying to avoid them, thanks in advance, Wayne.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Moog makes most of the replacement steering parts here. You are looking for hub bearings, right?

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TIMKEN WILL BE ETCHED "TIMKIN" and then a part # ON THE EDGE OF THE RAce.You may not be able to see it untill the bearing is removed and cleaned.Some Timken is made in china and has been for quite a while.The chineese are capable of produceing high quality if the vendor is willing to pay for it and supervise.I think a lot of "Moog" is made in mexico now.Its not 1960 anymore,never will be!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timken is made in china and has been for quite a while.The chineese are capable of produceing high quality if the vendor is willing to pay for it and supervise.I think a lot of "Moog" is made in mexico now.Its not 1960 anymore,never will be!

True but Sad. Sure wish we could turn that around though.

Lots of Remans out there too.. if yer not paying attention.

Joe

Woore

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The whole hub assembly Daveben.

Thanks John, I can only check them once they are delivered, makes it a little tricky. I don't mind chinese as long as it is quality, as you say, some is, just hard to know which one.

I did query the moog and they had no idea where it was made.

Cheers guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58