front leveling kit

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for a front leveling kit for my truck. Its a 2001 F-250. Was wanting some opinions on what the best kit is and the best place to purchase it from. Thanks

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a skyjacker suspension lift in my truck and I am very happy with it. The best leveling kits come with replacement front leaf springs rather then add-a-leafs. Add-a-leafs tend to straighten out over time and therefore the front end starts to sag. Pro Comp also make a 2 inch shackle/ spring hanger kit. It is a lot lesswork to install than new leaf springs. I have the Pro Comp kit in my truck plus 8 inch skyjacker springs. No complaints. The nice thing about the pro comp kit is it retains the factory ride because you don't change the out leaf springs. Summit Racing stocks both of the above kits.

Last edited:

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Do you need to use the drop track bar bracket if you do the spring hanger kit? I thought of doing the hanger kit but thought that maybe the add-a-leafs would be better. I know that new front leafs is the best way to go but dont really want to spend $500 to "level" the truck. I guess if I were to spend that much I may as well throw an extra $300 with it and do like a 4"-6" complete lift. Thanks for the help guys.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beleive the pro comp kit comes with the track bar correction bracket but not 100%. I put an adjustable trac bar (skyjacker) in mine when I did the 6 inch lift so I didn't need them.

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
Tbar has a set of front hangers....I doubt he will ever use them...
try getting in touch with him, he might sell the kit...

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a leveling kit ive used a couple of times from tough country. for the 250's its and 1 1/2" leveling kit, ive used the 2 1/2 and loved it! and it still had the factory ride. u can get it from jc whitney. the inch and a half kit was like 150 bucks. good luck!

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
superduty guy, Have you ever used the 1 1/2 lift kit for the 250's or onlt the 2 1/2 kit. I measured my truck while it was sitting in the garage the other day and I have about 1 1/2 inches of rack to the front. Im thinking that the 1 1/2" kit would be just what the docctor ordered. Let me know what you think, thanks!

arizona

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I looked around and found Superlift 2 1/2'' leveling kit. Not cheap but has 5 leaves for the diesel. I found it to be too much but put in blocks in the rear that added 1 more inch to my 02 4x4 F250 and am happy. I might even put in some blocks from a F350 down the road since my goal was for a slight lift and if I have a load now, the rear sits lower and I don't like that much. It comes with track relocator bracket and four shocks. Very happy with the new springs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg