front tank fuel gauge?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The vent tube could cause fueling problems, if it is clogged up. That maybe your easiest choice of solutions.

Dave

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a small vent tube! the plug/cap on the end was pretty much filling the entire end if the hose, as it is old. It was also wet with diesel fuel. i cut about 1inch off of it and replaced the plug/cap. we will see. Is there some sort of modification. the ones isee on gas vehicles are much larger and connect back to the fill tube.

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking at the mod and looking at other pics on the internet is the rubber hose connected to the steel insert, the vent for the tank when filling up?

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could it possibly be, that part of my vent tube came off in the tank, and could be interfering with the float causing my bad reading on the gauge, and inability to get fuel in the tank? guess i need to pull it off to look. but i dont want to drop the tank.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a possibility however not highly likely.

Honestly dropping the tank is not as difficult as it seems especially if you run it rather low on fuel.

I have a 33 gal tank in the rear of mine and it was a 1 man job to drop it for modifications.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Brandon said.

And.. If yer guna drop the tank.. the whole sending unit assembly is now 14 years old (?). It's not that uncommon for Ford.. sending units.. to go bad.

Ya might wana just replace the whole works, and be done with it :dunno

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58