Frontend shake

08AZF350SD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Still does not explain how a brand new truck with perfect tires can experience this??????:doh:
That must be why Ford is working with the Govt to find a cause????:dizzy

Sakkit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Same Problem!!!

I have just started to encounter the exact same problem. It started about 3000 kms. ago. Before that I had no problems at all. I have a 6 inch lift and 36 inch tires on. The first time it happened I thought I had blown a tire or something. And it only happens on certain bumps. I could drive over wash board roads or pot holes all day, however it only happens on certain bumps. I am taking it in for a service this week, and I now know that others have this trouble. The service guy I talked to told me that it usually has to do with tire inflation. So before I drive the damn thing every time I check the tires and it still happens.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Ball Joints will do this. Check them and replace if necessary. Jack up the front end and grab each tire by the top and bottom (separately) and giver it a good shake. If it moves on the top-to-bottom plane, you need ball joints.

Dave

Sakkit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Warranty Cancelled

Well I jacked up the front end and checked the ball joints, they seemed fairly solid. I went to my local Ford dealer to discuss the problem. They advised that they had heard of the "death wobble". They first tried to blame the air pressure in the tires. I advised that PSI was just fine. They then blamed my lift kit, and advised that Ford had just sent them a email advising that all lift kits now will cancel the warranty. Best part of it, is when I bought the truck they had already installed the lift kit and after market parts for me, and they promised that they would honor the bumper to bumper warranty. So they are looking into it tomorrow for me. I will let you know how it goes.

Sakkit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Air Pressure

Well I got my truck back and they advised that Ford has put out reports that blame the "death wobble" on air pressure in the tires. The dealership initially told me to keep my 36 inch tires at 50 psi. Now they have told me to bump it up to 75 psi in the back and 65 psi in the front. So i have done that, and so far so good....no more wobbles yet. However I am not fully convinced that was the problem.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
lift kits void warranty.....what's next coffee stains.............

especially after it was ON the truck when you bought it and they EVEN put on other items....nice very nice....

iirc: i am running 70 psi all-around...nitro tho. no issues at those pressures

bigblak250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had a simiar problem with my truck and i found that my lockouts are broke and the end of my axles are wobbleing like crazy at high speeds, i guess my hubs are screwed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58