Frozen rotor slotted or Powerslot Cryo??????

bambibandit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what real difference there is????? Worth the extra $$ for the Powerslots???

I don't have experience with the powerslots, but I've had very good luck with ART rotors.
Applied Rotor Technology

I have the CRYOGENICALLY treated slotted rotors on my 2005 Excursion, specifically for towing. I tow nearly 8000lb Airstream. I know that these rotors will take the heat and last longer than the stocks ever did.

Also found stopping distance to be better, and piece of mind knowing I could stop without burning up my brakes if ever the trailer brakes went out on me.

Kevin

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I have the ARTs as well and they do everything they claim. I would highly recommend them.
Jim

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have had my Cryo Powerslots for over 3 years now and they look as new as the day I got them.

But I do believe the guys at Frozen Rotors will take very good care of you and they do sell a good product.

They even froze my son's baseball bat and were fast with the turnaround.

Very good customer service.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sgn me up in the Frozen Rotor camp. I have them on my 0 excursion, andhtey took care of all the braking problems that Ford and otheres could not or would not find. Very much worth the premium price.

frozenrotors

Frozen Rotors
Reaction score
Frozen Rotors vs. Power Slot Cryo vs. ART

Hey guys,

There is only one big difference between these rotors... and that is, who is doing the cryo process. Let me explain.

All three of these rotors are actually the same rotor blanks (Centric or Raybestos)

And yes the slotting designs differ a bit... Frozen Rotors Slotted utilizes a 5x3 pattern which is widely used in the Racing Industry, while Power Slot and ART utilize a straight slot pattern. There is no real difference in the performance characteristics in these two different slot patterns.

As I stated earlier, all these rotors are made from the same blanks, and that is because none of these company's including the one I work for (Frozen Rotors) actually makes rotors, we just source them from Centric or Raybestos and make them better with the cryo process.

As for the cryo process, this is where the real difference comes in! Here at Diversified Cryogenics, Inc. we pioneered cryo processing of rotors and have been producing the original cryo rotor "Frozen Rotors" for over 13 years with our tried and true process. We also treat Power Slot rotors with that same process.

Now if you buy Power Slot Cryo's from anywhere other than FrozenRotors.com (Tire Rack, Auto Anything, BuyBrakes.com etc.) they are being treated by Power Slot in California, and they have been treating rotors for about 9 months now :watchout

ART has been treating rotors for like 7 years or so.

Also there is a difference in the rust preventive plating used on these rotors. The Frozen Rotors Slotted and ART rotors come with Black E-Coating, while the Power Slot Cryo's come with Silver Cadmium Plating. Both these methods work great for preventing rust and corrosion!

Hope this clears things up for you guys! Just remember at the end of the day, Frozen Rotors has been treating rotors longer than anyone else in the industry, oh and we do something a little special in or process that no one else does... this might be why company's like Hendrick Motorsports comes to Frozen Rotors for cryo treatment :)

Cheers,
John Brick
FrozenRotors.com

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Ended up just goin with the stockers, GF used to work at the local dealer, still get a wicked price on parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58