Frybird vs. Greasel

Police Package

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I enjoy reading your posts and checking out new ideas. I am just getting into the game and would like a few pointers. I am a detail person. So much so that sometimes it seems like I have OCD. Anyway, I am looking at buying my own system and conducting lots of research about the various products.

I am undecided yet on which system to purchase. Greasel and greasecar both have great systems for not a lot of $$. Frybird has a really great system for a significant amount of $$. It also has the automatic switch-over, and a few other features. So, my question is: What do y'all have? And what would you recommend?

Thanks for your help. :thanks

-Christian

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
just curious, are you set on WVO instead of bio? I plan to make my own bio eventually but, admittedly, the collection is what has put me off so far. Bio makers typically cost 2-300 to build your own.

Richard (hheynow) just put in a grease system.

stick around and let us know what you end up doing and your results.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
sorry, there Richard. It's all the same to me but that is because I havent read up on them. I wont call it grease :D

How's it working?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
So far quite good. I'm still getting the bugs out (loose hose clamp drips). Necessary tools are a screwdriver and spare hose clamps. :D

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
Police Package said:
Hey everyone!
I enjoy reading your posts and checking out new ideas. I am just getting into the game and would like a few pointers. I am a detail person. So much so that sometimes it seems like I have OCD. Anyway, I am looking at buying my own system and conducting lots of research about the various products.

I am undecided yet on which system to purchase. Greasel and greasecar both have great systems for not a lot of $$. Frybird has a really great system for a significant amount of $$. It also has the automatic switch-over, and a few other features. So, my question is: What do y'all have? And what would you recommend?

Thanks for your help. :thanks

-Christian

Welcome to the world of SVO/WVO, I think you missed the BEST kit out there www.vegistroke.com I believe it is above even the Frybrid kit, I have the pre-kit version on my truck 15,000 miles on WVO. There are major differences on all the kits you have mentioned, Greasel and Greasecar are pioneers but they are still in the lower market, and you get less then you paid for with them. ( I had a Greasecar kit on a MB I know the poor quality) I believe you get what you pay for with the Frybrid kit and a good quality kit. Vegistroke I believe is the BEST for the PSD and also good quality stuff. Main differences is the checkvalves in the VS system it is a fail safe method, no selonoid valve to go bad and starve your engine of fuel. they also have a totally automatic system.b I have had one pump go out, due to my failure to use the right hose material. other then that the system works Great.

Police Package

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Thanks for all your ideas and advice. I plan on completing a strickly WVO system. The plan is to operate for little or no $$!

-PolicePackeage :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58