fs19797 fuel filter

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Used up my spare set and ordered a new set from international dealer and it doesn't have the water seperator membrain on the large primary filter. Parts guy checked and none have it on anymore. He's checking around to see if any other area dealer have one with it. Is it really nessesary? Napa's brand doesn't have one either. Napa is $87 and I can get fleetguard for $37 don't even want to ask Fords price. What's everybody running?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the same thing on my last fuel filter change on the "ol 7.3. Had the same question and was told: Most fuel filter manufactures have either gone to, or will be going to, a new & improved sediment filter medium that has an H2o seperation capability.. designed in to the main (sediment) filter medium. :dunno

Anyone else ??

Joe

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised and dismayed to hear Joe's input. Seems awful ambitious for all that to fit into my filter with any integrity (sorry Joe, not shooting the messenger)--I am down to my last Racor "OEM" replacements that I bought in a bulk group of 6 or 8 a few years ago for less than $20 each...I can't find any good deals on them for the 7.3L -- but that is different setup than your 6L I guess.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Rich. No hits taken.. just something I was told by a area parts rep. No back up info, but worthy of mention with f100's post ?

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58