Fuel Additives

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I use either Power Service or Howes for my fuel conditioner. It was -33 on the way home from work this morning.

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This being my first diesel, I wasn't sure what to use. I have been running blended fuel, but had a can of Seafoam laying around, so dumped that in the tank. by the way, it starts so much better when there is a good cord on the block heater.

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
-14F and it still works

I use the Power Services stuff in every tank. It was -14F here yesterday and she turned right over. It didn't enjoy it, but it did start. It was not plugged in. I don't know if I'll continue to use it in the summer time or not, it does get pricy when you use it in every tank.

ShraderMan

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
I've been using this stuff called LDL (longer diesel life) www.LongerDieselLife.com . If anyone can elaborate on this please. So far in the last 4+ months of using it in every tank the starts are quicker, smoother and quiter. I tried a tank w/o and noticed the difference. It also reduces the soot discharge by a better burn which is good for economy and bad for when someone really needs a face ful of black. I spent the last 5 days in the Sierra's with temps in the teens and mornings around 8 w/o windchill and the X started great every time. Which brings me to a Q? I almost bought an AIC before the trip, but didn't. While starting in 8*'s the Idle went up to 900 rpm on it's own until it was ready or I stepped on the brake or accellorator. Also on initial startup exhaust was full flow and within 30 seconds I started hearing a hiss and noticed half the exhaust pressure coming out of the pipe. Is this a bypass to help heat up the engine?
I got say I didn't know there was so many different products for diesel.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
With the cold that has been sent to us by :crumm I figured it might be a good idea to discuss what everyone uses to fight gelling.
It ain't my fault, talk to Stroker he has had more cold than me the last few weeks. :crumm

I run #1 in the winter but also add Howes for lubricant since the #1 is so dry. Howes will pay the tow if you gel up while using there product which no one else will say so I figure they are fairly confident in there product. i also like that you cannot overuse it, some of the other products like PowerService will cause damage if you use too much.

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
Rex-a-FORD said:
Here's what I use:
DFS96-32-16hr.jpg

I use this ,too. Check out this web site for all the neat features:http://www.powerservice.com/dieselfuel_supp_cet_B.asp

It also has anti-gel tow warranty!!!:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58