Fuel Additives

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ran two tanks of strait ULSC #2 through my 6.7. I [Always] dump in a 16 oz. jug of Power Service Diesel Kleen at each fill-up.... but thought it was time to bring the ratio back to maybe a little closer to what Ford recommends.

Observations without any additive: A little down on power when towing.. and a +/- 2 MPG drop in overall MPG's (according to the lie-o'meter).

With an additive: Jus' plain starts, runs and pulls better, in All respects.

:dunno

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Really? My truck is a bit quieter with PS vs without. I can't tell anything about the power difference and almost no gain in mpg's. I know we are running different engines, but...

Dave :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I hear ya Dave.. I jus' thru this topic out here to hear fro those who Are, or Aren't.. using any fuel additives.

Because ULSC #2 diesel is basically "DEAD"... Ford recommends an additive be used...

Anyone else ??

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
yep, i still run power service in mine almost every tank. I go off the back of the bottle, but generally run about 8 oz when i fill up my 25 gallon tank. 8 oz apparently treats 30 gallons, so might be a tad rich but i would agree on the power aspect...seems to be a little snappier when i run it vs. when i don't. MPG doesn't seem to be as affected, but then again i don't play as close attention as i used to.

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Power Service/ Diesel Kleen vs. Ford's fuel additives? The parts guy at the dealership showed me three different ones. Two for cetane, one was also with anti-gel and the other more for the fuel system/injectors which he said helps with the stiction issue. I run PS/DK depending on temperature every fill up.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone ran additives in our 6.7s also. I guess the answer is yes. I have a bottle in the old girl that I might use tomorrow when I fill up. I know it made my 7.3 happy and seemed quieter also.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the PS white bottle. Dump it in the big tank every time I add fuel. I use the dilution on the back of the bottle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58