Fuel and Fuel Filter Info - MUST READ!!!!

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a great link on fuel and fuel filters...

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-06-03.php

Should only use Racor, Motorcraft or Int'l fuel filters as they are Racor made and Racor quality!!!

Do not use WIX fuel filters as they do NOT have the white filter media on the large HFCM filter. This filter media helps seperate water and the WIX filter does not have it!!

The link above speaks about fuel quality and fuel filtration... so regular changes with a Racor, Motorcraft or IH fuel filter is key!!!

As well, buying fuel filters from IH dealer is less expensive than from NAPA/WIX and they are true Racor quality... so why buy WIX... spend more and get less... I do not think so!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Very Good article by the staff at Ford Doctors:thumbs

Thanks for the link BeachBum:cool:

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any good tools for taking off the frame mounted fuel filter.. im almost at 30xxx i know first time was bitch...was hard to turn.. felt like i was gonna rip the whole housing off frame..? big socket wrench?

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.. i was using a like 6 inch wrench.. lol prob magnified problem... ill got pick up big socket... :sweet

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Can use oil filter wrench too. Need one for large filters. Put band around end of cap and have at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14