Fuel bowl leak again?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
So I look under the truck today(as i try to daily just to check for leaks) and I see a puddle of diesel. After popping the hood and checking the underside, it appears that it could possibly be the fuel bowl drain valve orings. I replace these 25,000 miles ago in april of 2010 with the blue flourosilicone orings from dieselorings.com. I havent got a chance to remove the drain valve to observe the orings yet, but im just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I also use the 2 cycle tcw-3 additive regularly for the added lubricity factor.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try tightening the valve body mounting screws Just A Touch ?

We're headed into cooler/colder temps.. sometimes things start to leak (?), namely.. fittings and parts made of dissimilar materials ?

Joe

ON THAT NOTE: It's time to check our Fluids, Wiper blades.. and Summer to Winter Tire Pressures.. ????

1800thehill

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the valve on mine this morning. Only the second time in six years. I have a 99 with 390K on it.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
sorry for the very late update, I have been super busy and forgot all about it. But I solved the leak after replacing the beveled gasket with one from McMaster Carr O-rings. Hasnt leaked since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58