Question Fuel bowl leak? parts?

Seabass

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a couple leaks that need to be adressed and am looking for advise on additional repairs that should be done while things are apart. I know the turbo pedadstal o-rings are common (mine are leaking and scheduled for replacement) I have some fuel in the valley below the fuel bowl but am uncertain exactly what let go. Is there something common? Does any one sell a reseal kit w/ all the gaskets and o-rings? Lastly how common are hpop gasket leaks? I'm pretty gosh darn handy with a wrench, how involved is the removal of the hpop? special tools or proccesses?

Thanks a bunch for any input
Sebastian

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the o-rings that go to the fuel drain valve are the likely source for a fuel leak. To fix this all you need is a couple viton o-rings, I believe they are a #202 o-ring easily replaced and not overly messy either.

HPOP hose seals are not unheard of but not too common either you should be able to determine if they are the source visually before you order any pieces.

whiteduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
One of the most common fuel leaks is the drain valve. You can buy a new one from ford along with a new set of fuel line seals. They will come in a kit and they are pretty easy to change, and relatively inexpensive.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
degrease the engine valley with engine brite or similar, and hose it down real good..blow gun it dry (if you blow oil everywhere, you didn't get it clean enough).. run it..
you should be able to spots seeps & drips...

Seabass

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Looks like I got my lunch break scheduled for tomorrow:D

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i can change the fuel line seals where they connect to the heads?

yes you can..when you put the new sleeves in..hand tighten till the nut bottoms out on the sleave..then with a wrench give them a 1/2 turn...turn on the key..dont start..just let it build fuel PSI..look for leaks..if you see one..give it another 1/4 turn...if you tighten down real tight with a wrench..you will spoil the rubber sleeve and you will need to buy new and start over...
here is the fuel line sleeves going to the heads..get 2 sets (thats 4 sleeves) and do where they go into the fuel bowl as well...
Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines

here is a kit for the drain valve..read and fallow the PDF and you cant go wrong....

Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14