Fuel Bowl problem

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
when i took the rear plug out to install the gauge (before i noticed that i was sent the wrong adaptor) and then went to reinstall it i was careful not to "overtighten" it so i though but as i went for a spin and came back home i notice a HUGE fuel leak and traced it back to that plug. now my questions are: is there anything that can be done to make the plug work? would the threads on the plug or the Filter housing? if the housings the problem can i pull the housing drill the hole out a little larger and put different threads on it and make my own plug/adaptor?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I think that plug has an oring on it. Did you loose it or pinch it when you R & R'd the plug.

Tbar

FoMoCo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
add some silicone paste to the threads too.

Silicone paste:dunno Silicone doesn't hold up to petroleum based procucts. Good mil. spec teflon does though.:thumbs

FoMoCo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
oops, teflon paste is what I meant... it was late.

Ok, we'll let you slide on that one. Dow Corning does make a great silicone grease that I use quite a bit. Holds up to 400+ degrees, impervious to petroleum as a matter of fact you almost can't get it off of something if you want to. :roflmao great for orings, packings etc. Very much different than RTV never hardens etc. I also use it on fiber gaskets in areas where I need to remove it from time to time and don't wan't to buy a friggin gasket evertime as in the mag. side cover on my dirt bikes. Honda gets way to much money for a piece of formed paper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58