Fuel Drain Valve Oring Replacement...

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Tbar the OBS fuel drains take two -202 o-rings. What does 1/4"ID X 1/2"OD translate to in o-ring sizing (for my knowledge only)?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Yes.......two #202 orings. 1/4"ID X 1/2"OD.

Tbar

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
Hi! New here, but have a full write-up on this in my sig..
Tom

Great write up, i have 1 tip that i found on another site years ago. when you drain the fuel, instead of trying to hit the pan find the drain pipe from the filter and extend it with a rubber hose then stick in in the pan or jar. no mess.
I have a hose permanently installed and secured to the bottom of the radiator, cut the wire tie drain, replace the filter, retie and i am done.

dcathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not clean up my valve when I took it out and put new orings in...do yall think cleaning it will stop the steady drain out of the drain line onto frame rail???? I dont know why I did not just clean it. What makes the fuel go down the drain just for personal knowledge.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
tx_atty saves the day!

On Thursday the stock drain valve O-rings finally gave into the ULSD fuel and needed to replace them,luckily enough Peter (tx_atty) had an extra set which he gladly spotted me on,I owe ya man! thanks alot!! :notworthy;tu

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I've got extra Viton -202 o-rings.
Send me a PM if interested
Had to buy 25 of them from McMaster-Carr because I couldn't find them locally in Viton.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58