fuel drain???????

atk

Reaction score
can`t seem to able to drain the fue/water seperator. somebody put it in too tight and also rounded the corners on the allen head. i have seen an alternative drain plug on here, but i cannot find the other article. it is an International drain plug that suppose to work. any info would be great....

atk

Reaction score
thanxs....that what i was looking for...old one out now, but has new OEM in it....will change it to this one....

Suprob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks ATK for asking this question I was just looking for this mod myself. I am on my virgin diesel and this is one of the most assinine inventions Ford came up with. While fuel is pouring out everwhere, because you can't put something on the opening; reach up there and shove a set screw back in its hole. Needless to say, I don't think that there is a clean way to do this. It makes me wonder if the designers ever have to work on these vehicles.

Rob

atk

Reaction score
yeah makes you wonder, when they design vehicles they must not work on them afterwards. i wonder this almost everyday. get to work on many different makes....

sattwood

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem getting my OEM plug out. Ended up using a torx wrench and hammering it in...along with a liberal dose of penetrating oil. I replaced it with the newer style, and love the ease of use.

sattwood

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem getting my OEM plug out. Ended up using a torx wrench and hammering it in...along with a liberal dose of penetrating oil. I replaced it with the newer style, and love the ease of use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14